Monday, July 4, 2011

House Construction-Answers for your queries

PLINTH AREA CALCULATIONS

Query

Hi Thomas,
 
Just today only I came to know about you and It was my bad luck.  I already stated to build a house with 3500 sq. ft.  Kottekkad Trichur.  Normal house for a big family including myself and my family, my parents and my two brothers & their family.  Now plastering over.  As it was in a small village, I have given to a local contractor.
 
Please let me know will car porch, sit out and balcony be calculated as full built up area.  I do not have any idea about the sq. ft calculation.  Attaching my plan drawing.  Please help me to get correct sq.ft....please help.
 
Thanks & Regards,
 
Jeevan

My reply

You have reached only up to plastering.After this stage you require more assistance and guidance from a professional.

It will be good if I can visit your site

After completing structure and plastering work, you require continuous guidance from a qualified and well-experienced Architect

You need advice and guidance of a qualified and experienced person to know various options available to you, latest trends and ways and means to decrease cost while improving utility and appearance of the building.

Look at some of the pending works

1. Putty finish for walls and painting

2. Flooring and toilet wall/floor tile laying with latest trend designs/patterns

3. Plumbing and sanitary works

4. Electrical wiring and fittings

5. Interior woodwork like modular Kitchen, cupboards and Interior lay out design

6. Furniture work with woodcarving

8. Land scape design, arrangements and much more

We can undertake these after structure work anywhere in Kerala by providing professional guidance and expert workers

Each contractor has his on method of calculating plinth area of the house based on his understanding with the client.It is for him to say whether he considers car porch,Sit out and Balcony which have lesser cost input to be considered at par with other areas of house when costing based on plinth area has to be considered.If required we can visit site, take measurements and using computerised Auto CAD software tell you exact plinth area of the building

MODIFYING EXISTING BUILDING

Query

Hi Thomas,

This is Neethu Thomas from Bangalore.

I have spoken to you today.

Could you please let me know the details (Plans and Tariff) for re innovation of an existing house.

Thanks for your help and time.

Neethu Thomas

My reply

To start with, I will have to visit villa to be remodeled and study work involved for remodeling/extension

After the site visit, I will give a report on what exactly can be done on the existing structure to meet your expectations/needs

Based on this initial evaluation of work, using measurements collected from site and your old drawings related to the house if any, I will prepare what we call a Basic Plan for the modified house which will show positions and dimensions of rooms, doors and windows of the remodeled house only. This Basic Plan if required can be revised without any extra charges to meet your requirement fully, subject to our acceptance of your change requests

After this, we will go systematically in a professional manner by providing complete professional care and technical guidance to reach your dream house

HOW TO FIX CONTRACTOR PAYMENTS FOR HOUSE CONSTRUCTION

Query

how can i calculate cost of work to be paid to contractor?

My reply

First of all,you have to get a qualified/experienced Architect to guide you on design and construction of house.
He will guide you on how terms of contract can be fixed with your contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment